Best Suitcases for Packing Cubes:
The EzPacking Way
Are you new to the packing cube game? Don’t know where to start when packing with cubes? We got you! We put together a list of our recommended suitcases that go best with our clear packing cubes. Whether you’re a carry on only traveler or a backpacker, you’ll find recommendations to suit your travel style here. #yourewelcome
Carry On Suitcases for the Starter Set
1. Samsonite Advena Expandable Softside Carry On Luggage with Spinner Wheels - This 20-inch spinner suitcase is a perfect match for our Starter Set! You can stand the 4 cubes vertically inside this suitcase. Its small size means it can fit in the overhead bin and you’ll never wait at baggage claim again. If you’re traveling for a few days only, this is a good option for you!
2. Amazon Basics Hardside Spinner Luggage - This is another 20-inch spinner suitcase that’s a perfect carry on size. It also fits our Starter Set perfectly with the cubes laying down flat. We recommend this carry-on suitcase for those on a budget (it’s just under $50). While low on price, it’s quite durable and roomy. You can fit a week’s worth of clothes (or more) inside it. You can also choose from a variety of colors.
Checked Suitcases for the Complete Bundle
1. Samsonite Advena Expandable Softside Checked Luggage with Spinner Wheels - This case is the same brand as above but larger (at 29 inches long). It can fit all the cubes from the Complete Bundle stacked vertically (see photo above) along with all it’s accessories. If you want to split a suitcase with your hubby, have your 3 kids split a suitcase, or if you’re traveling for more than a few weeks, this is the case for you. It’s large, spacious and sturdy.
2. Amazon Basics Hardside Spinner Luggage (28 Inch) - This case is also perfect for the Complete Bundle, when laying most of the cubes flat or horizontally (see photo above). Since it’s a hard shell, it is more durable and can withstand harsh handling in the airport.
Weekend Duffel Bag for the Starter Set
1. For Girls: Adidas Santiago Duffel Bag - Ladies, you’ll fall in love with this light pink variant of the Adidas Santiago Duffel Bag. It has a very spacious interior which can fit 1 extra small cube, 1 small cube and 1 medium cube. It also has 2 zippered pockets and a padded strap for comfort. Lightweight enough for a short weekend trip but durability isn’t compromised!
2. For Guys: Adidas Defender II Duffel Bag - Comes in different sizes although we find that the small is enough for a short weekend trip. This size duffle bag can fit 1 extra small cube, 1 small cube and 1 medium cube. We love that this duffel bag is made from ripstop material which means it's less prone to tears. Added details like a padded handle and an extra ventilation pocket (for wet items) make it a must!
Rolling Duffel Bag for the Complete Bundle
1. Travelers Club Adventure Series Double Compartment Duffel Luggage - Want the portability of a duffel bag and the convenience of a spinner? Opt for a rolling duffel bag! This one from Travelers Club is spacious, has lots of extra pockets and compartments. It can fit all cubes from our Complete Bundle including the travel accessories (shoe bags, laundry bag and folding board set). Our customer, Suzanne fit all her 3 kids in here for a few months of travel!
Backpacking Backpacks (Carry-On Size)
1. Osprey Farpoint (40 Liter) - You can’t go wrong with an Osprey backpack! We love the Farpoint because it’s roomy yet fits within most airline’s carry-on standards. This brand is also known for their durable backpacks. Plus, it has a front panel opening (like a suitcase) which means you can easily access the things you need. Their 40-liter version can fit 1 extra small cube, 2 small cubes and 2 medium cubes. Here’s a version for the ladies!
2. Kelty Redwing (44 Liter) - Looking for something within budget? The Kelty Redwing is your best bet! It’s a beautiful backpack with lots of features. If you’re planning a lot of sightseeing, the amount of padded support (hips and shoulder straps) in this backpack is astounding. It also has a clam-shell opening plus a top loading access so you can access the things you need with ease.
Backpacking Backpacks (Larger Size)
1. Deuter Futura Vario (50 Liter) - This backpack comes with useful features for trekkers, ike the back panel mesh to reduce sweat build up or the padded lumbar and strap belts for comfort. It also has a U-shaped zipper opening for easy access of the things you need, and easily pull out your cubes. This backpack can hold 2 extra small cubes, 2 small cubes and 2 medium cubes.
2. Gregory Mountain Baltoro (65 Liter) - Sometimes quality can come at a price and that rings true for the Gregory Mountain Baltoro backpack. At 65 liters, you can pack two week’s worth of clothes inside. It can also hold 2 extra small cubes, 2 small cubes and 2 medium cubes. With the U-zipper opening, you can pull out your cubes with ease.
Let us know if you have any questions! We’d love to know which suitcase fits your packing cube needs the best.
The EzPacking Team